Right at the heart of Strymonikos gulf, between the Thessaloniki-Kavala national road and the green-blue Aegean Sea, is located the village of Nea Vrasna.
The village was in fact created when residents from the old village of Vrasna moved here. Today the population of Nea Vrasna is about 2000 people, a notable fact once you realize that this removal took place the past 40 years.
Today, Nea Vrasna are part of Municipal District of Vrasna of the municipality of Saint Georgios. The Spotless, well-organized beaches, the charming view of Strymonikos gulf and the variety of modern turist facilities guarantee wonderful and unforgettable holidays.
Nea Vrasna is situated at a distance of thirty minutes from Thessaloniki. Access to the surrounding areas is easy and quick with daily excursions to Chalkidiki and Kavala. Nea Vrasna is located fifteen minutes from the Archeological Site of Amfipolis, where a variety of cultural events take place. In addition, ancient Stagira (Aristotle’s birthplace) is also a fifteen minute distance. Kavala, a thirty minute drive from Nea Vrasna has the ancient theatre of Fillipon, where guests can enjoy cultural happenings during the summer period.
Nea Vrasna has a large variety of entertainment for all ages, such as water sports, restaurants on the sea front that offer fresh fish, amusement centers for all the family, beach bars, clubs and intense night life.
Nea Vrasna’s visitors have the chance to:
- Be astonished by this panoramic view of Strymonikos gulf starting from the island of Thasos all the way to mountain Athos.
- Enjoy swimming to the well-organized 5klm long beaches, awarded for many years in a row with the E.U.’s “Blue Flags”.
- Enjoy amazing sunrises, seduced by the changes of the colors in the sky.
- Be charmed by the outstanding moment when the August moon is rising up right from the middle of the sea.
- Live the intense tempo of village’s nightlife choosing one of many cafeterias or clubs located literally right at the sea.
- Taste delicious snacks at the numberless taverns located interspersed to the village.
- Follow up many happenings taking place at the small open theatre.
- Walk on the pedestrian zone, right next to sea, and watch kids playing at the children’s playhouses.
- Visit the Church of Saint Constantine and Elena, to honor their memory.